how to enroll
Enrollment for the 2021–2022 school year is still open!
Fall enrollment is closed for grades 7th-12th. Kansas students in grades 7th and 8th who wish to be placed on the waitlist for spring should complete the enrollment application and submit all documents. If a space becomes available, the school will contact you to discuss a January start date.
Follow the steps below to apply today.
Five Simple Steps to Enroll
Access the Parent Portal
Submit an Application
Once you've begun an application in the Parent Portal, click the option to add a new student or continue with your application. Simply fill in the fields with your child's information, select the school you wish your child to attend, and hit Submit.
Complete the Application Process
In this step, you'll provide more detailed information about your child and upload additional documents, such as proof of residency and a birth certificate. For a list of specific documents that will be required, contact our enrollment consultants at 800.260.0438.
All families participate in a pre-recorded webinar with an enrollment consultant. Additional documents may be required to complete your enrollment, depending on your student’s situation, and will be provided within your Parent Portal.
Receive Official Approval
After successfully completing the enrollment process, your student will be approved. Please check your email for important information regarding your student's status and how to access the Online School platform.
- Students in grades 7–8 and 9–12 who are not past their fourth year of high school may apply.
- Students entering grade 10 must have earned at least two credits toward graduation.
- Students entering grade 11 must have earned at least six credits toward graduation, three of which must be core credits.
- Students entering grade 12 must have earned at least thirteen credits toward graduation, six of which must be core credits.
Evaluation of Enrollment
Following the collection of enrollment documentation and prior to the completion of registration, the following steps will be taken as needed:
- Administration or designee will complete a transcript analysis for ISKS applicants.
- Special Services Enrollment Team will review and re-evaluate any IEP student to determine their best placement.
- Administration or designee will evaluate homeschool portfolios and transcripts to determine credit eligibility.
- Administration or designee will see information on current expulsions from former districts if necessary.
Adult High School at ISKS
Students who reside in Kansas and have attended high school for four years without meeting graduation requirements may enroll in the adult high school program at ISKS.
Adult students can enroll here.
Proof of Residency
While attending ISKS you must maintain full-time, Kansas residency.